On 11/30/13 6:45 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:

>     10) decent automotive mounts for 7" tablets are out
>         there. i'm going to try one with the Nexus 7 for my
>         christmas vacation trip from NY state to NC.
>

> I'd be curious how the N7 handles Osmand in horizontal mode and what
> mount you use, and how well it sticks in cold weather (my Dynex mount
> loses it's grip unexpectedly in cold weather, which is quite a
> surprise when I hit the start of a toll zone (with a rumble strip) and
> the the vibration from crossing the strip suddenly causes my N5 fly off.

the N7 does horizontal mode pretty well; i'm pretty pleased with
the N7 overall. now that i have an old (2 1/2 year old) HTC Android
set up, i'm switching the N7 over to OSMTracker.

i'm currently using a Satechi "universal" dashboard mount for
the N7 and am happy with it so far, atlhough we've only just
now started into seriously cold weather in these parts.

i'm using an iOttie mount for the oldish HTC. it's a pretty
nice mount.

richard