According to http://www.ncgicc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=135 and links
therein,  they are doing 1/4 of the state per year on a rolling basis.
This year they photographed the eastern Piedmont and are currently
getting it ready for release, probably in early 2014.  In 2014 they are
photographing northern Piedmont and mountains, so I presume 2015 will be
southern piedmont and mountains, including Mecklenburg County.

I have the following wms link working to serve all the latest
orthoimagery.

wms:http://services.nconemap.com/arcgis/services/Imagery/Orthoimagery_Latest/ImageServer/WMSServer?FORMAT=image/tiff&VERSION=1.1.1&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=Orthoimagery_Latest&STYLES=&SRS={proj}&WIDTH={width}&HEIGHT={height}&BBOX={bbox}

James