On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 9:44 PM, Jason Remillard
<remillard.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> .... Of course the point can't be
>> "editing a map" -- there has to be something to lure in your average
>> user.
>
> I assert, that there are CL users that would be motivated for
> themselves at fixing issues on the map. Check this note out.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/note/8602
>
> At the time the OSM did not have the two lakes. The CL user was trying
> to rent/sell a property that is on a lake, but the lake is not in the
> map, big problem!

Makes sense. To be clear, in that paragraph I wasn't saying that an
average user would never edit a map. They certainly would given the
right incentive. Highlighting their waterfront real estate would seem
a pretty big incentive if the tools were highlighted.

-Randy