Hi all,

With just a few days to go, we only have two names on the ballot for
the upcoming US Chapter board elections. We have all five positions up
for election, so this is clearly not enough!

Let me tell you what made me run the first time, and why I am running
for a fourth term. I love OpenStreetMap and care about its future, and
its community here in the United States. Serving on the board has
allowed me to work with a small group of committed people to organize
great events, spread the word about OSM, support local communities
around the nation and help OSM grow in the US. Sure, it requires time
and commitment, but it has really been extremely rewarding. In the
years I have served on the board, I have seen (and helped) the Chapter
evolve into a more professionally run organization, and I am
periodically blown away by how much we've been able to do.

If you've been thinking about putting your name on the ballot but
haven't yet, feel free to reach out to me with questions, ideas,
plans, anything you would like to discuss.

--
Martijn van Exel
President, US Chapter