Well said, Martijn!

I'm not sure I have much else to add. Like Martijn already said, while it
does require patience, it also allows a lot of room and support to come up
with new ideas to grow the OSM US community, and then put them into action.
It was very rewarding to plan the largest OSM conference yet last year, and
I hope that next year's board goes even farther than we could with outreach
and diversity efforts -- both with SOTM US and the community in general. You'll
also make some really amazing friends that you won't soon forget!

I'm also happy to help answer any questions, so feel free to reach out.

My best,
Mele Sax-Barnett
m...@openstreetmap.us / Twitter @pdxmele

>>> http://openstreetmap.us/