On 2014-10-06 09:53, Peter Dobratz wrote:
For "amenity=post_box", I add an operator tag.  The official blue
mailboxes get "United States Postal Service" and I also tag other common
providers "United Parcel Service" and "FedEx".  These same values for
the operator tag could be added to post offices and UPS and FedEx retail
store locations.

I do that too. The Mapnik stylesheet should render `operator` in small print under the envelope icon to avoid confusion. Whenever I encounter an envelope icon on the map, I assume it's a USPS location. Let's see what the devs think: <https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/1023>.

--
m...@nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us