Steve,
If you are finding PCIX those are the call letters for the railroad that is
the owner, they may also be the operator.

Now here is the tricky bit, I will use the example of a local short line
railroad.

This railroad the property is owned by the county and the port; one
railroad (GNPX) has the operating rights who then contracts with a second
company that is a railroad (BDTL) yet the line in which they are running is
known as another railroad (ESFR).

If any of you can sort this out into the proper categories I think it will
help a few many people.

If I had to sort out the problem in the past email I would say that it is
probably laid out as such: Join Powers Board is the landowner CalTrain is
the owner, operator, and UP has operational rights to the corridor.

Best Regards,
Nathan P