Access tags seem inappropriate to me in this case. I would only tag the
last node as noexit=yes (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:noexit) as
a way of making clear that the trail does indeed end and hasn't just not
been mapped. Leave the rest to the users of the map -- maybe there is
actually a great spot for hunting/geocaching/sunbathing/beaver watching/
mushroom foraging at the end of the trail that you just don't know about.

 Harald.