> On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 5:22 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <
> dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> If someone pulls the cord or there's someone waiting at it, yes.  But it's
> not like a bus station where the bus will always stop regardless of demand.

I won't see this as a problem, indeed in rural areas around here, almost
all bus stops (with exception of the terminal stop and some important ones
in city centers) work like this.

>> Where would you wait if you wanted to take the bus at this stop?
>

> Next to the road roughly guesstimating the closest safe spot for the
> driver to stop at.

I'd put the stop in OSM at that position. Even if it is not marked in any
way (what would be easier for mapping purposes) it is still a bus stop in
the end.

>> Or is it just for getting off?
>

>  No, you can board, too.

I'd tag them as highway=bus_stop (or whatever scheme you prefer, or both),
and if you want to get detailed add stuff like bench=no, shelter=no etc.
You'd likely have to know the area well in order to locate those spots, or
are they "dynamic" (meaning you can waive your hand in any place along the
route and the bus will stop)? In this case I'd not map any bus stops (as
there aren't actually "spots").

cheers,
Martin