Oh my goodness.  Once again we have the alleged notion that imports will
drive off mappers without examining any real data. If we look at the
Buckeye Charger we see that fredo_p, a A Hit-and-Run Mapper, added the
original node.  He's still a mapper. Theodin a German mapper added
something. AndiG88 another German mapper added something.  Finally njaard
touched the same node.  The German mappers did nothing different that what
njaard did.  They looked up that there were 8 charging ports on the Tesla
site.  I surveyed the site and see no problem with what has gone on with
this node.  The question I have is should there be eight nodes for each
station since one is required for each parking spot along with a
wall/building for the transformer where the address is located?  The name
issue may not be a factor since you can Google on either the address or
name.  Note that all the mappers involved including me the surveyor are
still mapping.  I am surprised that we did not loose fredo_p--last modifier
of 95 nodes, 16 ways and 0 relationships--with the mapper's first
experience of a node that does not render. I hope that we don't loose
njaard--last modifier of 2,900 nodes, 663 ways, and 30 relationships--over
a node still does not render with a cute little icon.  In may case, I lost
interest in mapping all EV chargers because there's no reward for mapping
them.  There was the reward of finding three of the four types of chargers
used in the US. There was the reward of understanding the problems with
making EV work. Sure the nodes are in the database but I do not experience
the reward of seeing the node on the map like a regular gas station node.
In my view it is not the importers that are killing mappers it is the
cartographers that only show a portion of what can be mapped.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mapbox+sudio+data+project&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=buckeye+arizona+tesla+charger
http://www.teslamotors.com/findus/location?place=buckeyesupercharger
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Cs_us_tesla_buckeye_charger.png
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2776570644/history#map=19/33.44263/-112.55724
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/fredo_p
http://hdyc.neis-one.org/?fredo_p
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Theodin
http://hdyc.neis-one.org/?Theodin
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/AndiG88
http://hdyc.neis-one.org/?AndiG88
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/njaard
http://hdyc.neis-one.org/?njaard

I am guessing that this will bounce because I am not on the import list.

HTH,
Greg