Marc Gemis writes:
 > On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 7:51 PM, Bryce Nesbitt <bry...@obviously.com> wrote:
 >
 > > The razed sections of the abandoned railway need not confuse anybody.
 >
 > Or are you requesting a exception for railways ?

Yes, because a railway went from point A to point B, where you can see
it at point A and point B, and the next quesion in any map user's mind
is going to be "Well how did it get from point A to point B, and is it
possible to find any remains in-between?" Since the answer will often
be "yes", it makes sense to leave them in OSM.

I don't really understand this concern with deleting dismantled
railroads from OSM. It doesn't make the database any smaller, since
they'll still be there as a deleted way. In fact it makes the database
larger to indicate that the way is deleted.

I don't see how OSM is improved by deleting specialized data that
isn't even visible on the general map! If you want to clean up the
world, go outside with your GPS and pick up some litter.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog