Can you explain what you are hoping to accomplish? That may help people to
respond to your questions.

About talk-us. Talk-us is the OSM mailing list [1] for OpenStreetMap US.
When you send a message to talk-us@openstreetmap.org, it is rebroadcast to
everyone signed up for the list. I believe it uses the Mailman [2] open
source list manager.

Clifford

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mailing_lists
[2] http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Jack Erbes <jacker...@roadrunner.com>
wrote:

>  I have a question.  When I use MapSource I have chosen to display
> Lat/Long as:
>
> Grid:  Lat/Lon hddd.dddd°
> Datum:  WGS 84
>
> The names of the downloads on the Free Routable Maps for Garmin Brand GPS
> devices page expresses Longitude differently, a typical file name is like:
>
> 500MB-lon_-76.27_to_160.97.2015-05-19.gmapsupp.kml
>
> What is the name of the Grid system you are using?  I can't seem to find
> it if it is one of the choices in the MapSource  Edit > Preferences >
> Position menu.
>
> If I had MapSource set to display the same it would track with the file
> names andit would let me better understand the area the maps cover.
>
> I don't understand this Talk-us thing, and can't find a page that explains
> it to me.  My apologies if this is the wrong way to ask this question.
>
> Jack

@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us
OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch