TC Haddad writes:
Also look at GoMap! It's the best iOS editor I've used...

I agree that GoMap! is a top iOS editor. I'm specifically looking for a path, a method: data collected (from the GPS on an iOS device, like a iPhone) and then uploaded (USB cable, WiFi, Bluetooth...) to a laptop. The idea is to edit on a laptop using iD or JOSM, as editing on the tiny screen of a smartphone, while possible, doesn't seem like the nicest way to be introduced to OSM and mapping when we have bigger screens and a decent entry-level friendly editor like iD. Mapping Party, beginners, right?

Thanks for feedback,
SteveA