I thing my reservations about this type of tagging is that this may be "tagging
for the router". I still view the turn:lanes scheme as a (probably incomplete)
way of describing complex intersections. Tagging simple intersections with this
scheme just to get a routing engine to display the correct arrow icon is a
waste of time. That data is already in OSM in the form of layout of the roads
themselves. The router already knows there is a motorway with an exit node and
a motorway link exiting at an oblique angle. The proper icon can be derived
from this information. I think we would be better off waiting for the routing
engines to get smarter than tagging every simple unmarked intersection with
turn:lanes.