Something about some HOV access tags I've seen have been bothering me.

Some of the interstates through Atlanta have designated HOV-only lanes.  In
looking at the attributes on them, someone has added
hov:lanes=designated|yes|yes|yes|yes {etc.} to them.

However, after reviewing the wiki for the "designated" tag, it doesn't
appear to _exclude_ other modes of transport--just using the
hov:lanes=designated tag on the leftmost lane still implies that non-HOV
transportation is allowed.  For example, motorcycles are allowed, but
single-passenger cars are not, but the current tagging doesn't appear to
prohibit single-passenger cars, if I'm reading the wiki right.

Reading up on the access tag leads me to think that it would be better to
include access:lanes=no|yes|yes|yes|yes {etc.} to preclude non-HOV traffic,
as well as add motorcycle:lanes=yes|yes|yes|yes|yes {etc.}

For example, the section of northbound I-75/I-85 under this marker

http://osm.org/go/ZQqq80Lkl-?layers=N&m=

currently has the tag

hov:lanes=designated|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes

Am I correct in thinking that it would be right to add these tags, too:

access:lanes=no|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes
motorcycle:lanes=yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes|yes

Thanks for any feedback!

--jack