Good catch on the MUTCD language. I'm not opposed to tagging with a bike
lane and a parking lane, but then what should be used as the assumed width
of the bike lane? This has direct relevance for my application, where I
need to know how wide a bike lane is. Would you suggest an assumed width
for parking and then subtract from the total to arrive at the operable
space for people on bicycles?