> On Mar 22, 2017, at 4:59 AM, Ian Dees <ian.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Mar 22, 2017 7:49 AM, "Paul Johnson" <ba...@ursamundi.org
> <mailto:ba...@ursamundi.org>> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 6:33 AM, Eric Ladner <eric.lad...@gmail.com
> <mailto:eric.lad...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/33.74152/-116.29677
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/33.74152/-116.29677>
>
> So much wrongness..  I don't even know where to start in describing it.
>
>  This really "feels" like a botched import that has the potential to become
> something actually good.  I've reached out.
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/38292137
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/38292137>
>
> I noticed this yesterday when working on broken relations... It doesn't look
> like an import (mostly because they used iD and the digitization looks like
> hand drawn iD) but the tagging doesn't look right. I'd say it's a mapping
> project (they called it a "draw party") with good intentions but that might
> need some tagging cleanup.

At least the stuff I first notice looking at that in JOSM (highway=* drawn as
polygons without an area tag and also including a landuse=residential) are from
single commits from a mapper that was active for several months a few years
ago. Change set claims source is Bing. Sounds like a well meaning but flawed
contribution by a new mapper who has now moved on from OSM.