On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 1:07 PM Mike N <nice...@att.net> wrote:

> On 3/22/2017 2:02 PM, Kevin Kenny wrote:
> > Are small driveways offensive, or is it just the polygonal ones that
> > don't connect to anything?
>
> To me, it's just the disconnected polygons.   Small driveways don't hurt
> anything, and can only provide information such as telling self-driving
> cars which driveway to pull into.

Really, any "highway=*" drawn as an outline rather than a center line is a
problem.   Routers and other processing code expects to follow the way
segments, not honor its area as somewhere you can drive.

I have no problem with driveways that are drawn as linear ways and connect
to things.  Personally, I don't draw short driveways in a neighborhood
where the driveway is like 30 or 40 feet long, but do where there's
something odd going on (house is very far back from the road or some other
situation where it's not obvious how to get to some building).

Eric