From: Paul Johnson [mailto:ba...@ursamundi.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:04 AM
To: Horea Meleg <horea.me...@telenav.com>
Cc: Rihards <ric...@nakts.net>; Hans De Kryger <hans.dekryge...@gmail.com>;
talk-US@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Best practice in Lane Editing

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 4:19 AM, Horea Meleg
<horea.me...@telenav.com<mailto:horea.me...@telenav.com>> wrote:
Hy guys, thanks for your responses.
Do you think that is better to move motorway_junction where continuous line
begins? In real life you can't cross a continuous line, so I think it should be
the same in OSM. What do you think?

Does anybody have objections on me updating that approach with my method?  I
tend to start a new lane where the lane taper finishes, start a split at the
start of the theoretical gore (placement=transition on the exit), and start the
ramp centerline at the bullnose.  For solid line situations, the US is a little
weird on this.  A single solid white line is officially a "discouraged"
movement one should make only with extreme caution, whereas crossing a
double-white line is prohibited, as outlined in the MUTCD.  In either case, I
would generally take the conservative approach in this situation, using
something like change:lanes=yes|yes|yes|not_right|no where that solid line is.