> On Jun 19, 2017, at 4:20 AM, Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org> wrote:
>
> In this case, with the dual-direction turn lane, I would label that with
> lanes:both_ways=1 and turn:lanes:both_ways=left.  If the center lane has two
> solid lines (making it a flush median), then lanes:both_ways=1 and
> access:lanes:both_ways=no

My current practice matches Paul’s first case where it is a center turn lane
(lanes:both_ways=1 and turn:lanes:both_ways=left). Perhaps that is tagging for
the editor as the turn lane plug in for JOSM displays it nicely.

I haven’t settled on a tagging for when the center area is blocked by solid
lines (legally meaning don’t cross), but an access tag would be reasonable. An
alternative or addition to an access control could be using the proposed
change:lanes tagging to show that one can’t change into or out of the center
median area, but that would take more tags (change:lanes:forward=not_left,
change:lanes:backward=not_left, and change:lanes:both_ways=no) and be less
precise than access:lanes:both_ways=no.