One of the discussion points on her diary entry was female hygiene
products found in women's toilets. How is a man going to map that,
without access to women's toilets ?

The real question for me is are men more likely going to map shop=car
than shop=clothes;clothes=underwear/fashion/ ... (sorry for the
stereotyping)
will men map leisure=playground or amenity=pub ?
will a roman catholic map a mosque ?
will a non-dog owner map leisure=dog_park ?

in short: will we map everything we  see or do we map only our
interests ? Furthermore, do we really see everything or do we only see
(and map) things we are conditioned to ?

This is not about buildings, addresses, roads and paths. They are
pretty gender neutral I think. It's about POIs.

regards

m.