While I agree that changing peoples mapping habits is possible by
posting about certain mapping subjects, or developing apps, I do not
see why it is wrong to question whether a typical mapper only maps
what interests him/her or whether they also map other stuff.

I map a lot of items in which I have no personal interest, but because
I know other people are interested and because I want to work on the
best map possible.
Are there other mappers that map e.g. playgrounds (even if they do not
have children) ? Or are playgrounds mainly mapped by people with young
children?

Is not it worth to investigate this type of mapping habits ?

p.s. Who said you have to start mapping what you do not want to map? I
might have missed this with all the cross posting going on.