On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Pilon, Michel (SSC/SPC) <
michel.pi...@canada.ca> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I am in the process of putting in place a local OSM server.
>

> Last Thursday September 21st I populated my PostGIS database using the
> following command:
>

> *osm2pgsql --create --slim --flat-nodes /data/osm/pgload/flat_nodes.bin \*
>
> *         -C 27000 --number-processes 8 --hstore \*
>
> *         --style
> /data/osm/openstreetmap-carto-3.2.0/openstreetmap-carto.style \*
>
> *         --multi-geometry /data/osm/new_planet-latest.osm.pbf*
>

> Once done I verified the slippymap and I can see correctly all the
> Canadian/US Great Lakes.
>

> So I applied the daily updates on the data using osmosis (daily diff).
> Once completed, everything looks good EXCEPT that there is no more water on
> Great Lakes except Lac Érié and Ontario for *ALL ZOOM LEVELS*. Superior,
> Michigan and Huron Lakes just disappeared!
>

> For the update process, I am using /usr/bin/openstreetmap-tiles-update-expire
> with the followng options for osm2pgsql command:
>
>                *OSM2PGSQL_OPTIONS="--number-processes 8 --hstore -C 27000
> --style /data/osm/openstreetmap-carto-3.2.0/openstreetmap-carto.style
> --multi-geometry"*
>

> I am using mapnik with openstreetmap-carto stylesheets.
>

> I am really stuck and need help as I tried it 3 times, always with the
> result of Lakes disappearing for all zoom levels… L
>

> Any ideas???
>

> Thanks in advanced for your very appreciated help….

Someone probably broke the coastline again. It's easy to goof when editing
the lake shore.
I don't have time to look into it right now, I can try on the weekend if
someone else doesn't fix it first.

(And, I confess, I've broken the lake shore of Lake Ontario at least once.
I fixed it promptly once I realized the problem.)