On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 9:33 PM, Mark Bradley <ethnicfoodisgr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> In the course of my mapping in the American Midwest, I have come across
> several small country churches of GNIS origin that no longer exist.  Often
> there will be a nearby cemetery, but the church facility is gone.  I simply
> delete the node.  In one case I know of, the church building was converted
> into a home, so I remapped it accordingly.

Of course, if the cemetery is there on the ground, then it should be
mapped. But deleting the node for a demolished church is entirely
appropriate. For a church converted to a private home, consider:

building=detached historic:amenity=place_of_worship historic:name=* etc.

if the building still resembles a church.