I would leave it in place.  Census designated place is a place that is not
incorporated as a city  under state law but is still a significant community.
It’s been a large debate on Wikipedia about their, but general consensus is
they are significant enough to include. The CDP boundary follows what the
community would have if it were an incorporated city. For example, U.S. Air
Force bases are generally treated as census designated places.

Chris VandeVenter
Sent from my iPhone