Many POIs in Massachusetts have reasonable address information stored
as a single value in the address tag (mostly from imports before the
'addr:*' scheme was established). Something like 1/2 of the uses of
'address' in OSM are in MA. I'd like to do a mechanical edit that
parses the individual pieces of the addresses and moves them into the
appropriate tags. Here is the work in progress data for the parsing:

https://gist.github.com/maxerickson/1ece717992043316bc615b8a98821efd

There's a few dozen addresses where the simple parsing I've written
doesn't work (lines start with "ERROR") and a few dozen more where a
PO Box means that the proposed parsing is wrong, with the PO box
appearing in the street or such. There's also about 100 occurrences of
an existing 'addr:*' value that does not match the data in the
'address' tag (these aren't visible in the gist). The simplest way to
deal with these issues is to clean them up before applying a
mechanical edit, so feel free to take a look at a couple and clean
them up.

Max