I didn't mean put network=* on the way; I meant the route relation. I
presume that's already how it differentiates Interstates, US routes, state
routes, etc. I don't know how else it could be done from the relation.

I certainly agree now with adding PATP as a ref on the ways for the reasons
you've described.

--
—Albert Pundt