we've talked about this before, i guess we will never stop talking about it.

i recently noticed in my OSMAnd display that an error got put back
into the map about 1 mile from where i live. a short dead end
was put in as a residential road (it's really an unnamed driveway)
based on NYS GIS data. i removed it years ago (it was in tiger 2007).
the mapper's source data (at least he put that in) implies he is
an armchair mapper.

i'm not calling out the mapper here by name (just yet); i sent him
a message about 5 minutes ago telling him that he's putting errors
back into the map and that NYS GIS data is not sufficiently
reliable. but i don't know for sure if he'll even see the message.

what can/should we be doing about this sort of stuff? i'm really
at a bit of a loss here.

richard

--
rwe...@averillpark.net