On 3/3/19 11:47 AM, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:

> I also don't make risky armchair edit in areas with active local mappers.
>
> ---
>
> Is "NYS GIS data" something that can be considered nearly error free? If
> not then
> it should not be used for edits without verification with at least
> high-quality aerial imaged
> and this mapper should be reminded about it.
>
> If yes then leaving geometry with note is a good idea.

it is certainly an area with an active local mapper (me) which can be
seen easily by the removal of tiger:reviewed tags and by looking at
edit histories.

i have not reviewed NYS GIS data because there were, in the past
at least, licensing issues. i do not know if those have been resolved
so i'm not pitching a fit about that. it might be ok now. i just don't
know. but from this edit, it appears that NYS GIS contains things that
were wrong in 2007 when we took in the TIGER data.

richard

--
rwe...@averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux