Re-reading this I phrased this with more hyperbole than I intended, sorry.

I do think we should learn from past mistakes and approach any automated edit,
be it an import or a (subsequent) fix, with the proper diligence. Which is what
we’re doing here, and I commend you for taking an open-minded approach in your
initial email.

Martijn