On 1/23/2020 8:14 PM, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:

On 1/23/20 17:29, Jmapb wrote:
However, truth be told, since the default map has ceased rendering
healthcare=*, I've found myself tagging anything smaller than a hospital
but larger than a doctor's office as amenity=clinic. For example, the
"freestanding emergency departments" that were discussed on the Tagging
list last April. This is one area where I'm not too shy about tagging
for the renderer.
Our tagging scheme needs to catch up to this and offer another option
between clinic and hospital. I must have missed the discussion about
this, or I'm not on that list; why is healthcare=* no longer being rendered?

There was an issue rendering polygons that had healthcare tags but
didn't have amenity tags, which was a lot of them, especially given the
variety of healthcare tags that don't have an amenity equivalent. If you
want to get into the nitty-gritty:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/3731
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/3644

Even with established healthcare=* tags, though, the question of
"another option between clinic and hospital" isn't exactly settled. For
instance, some mappers seem to think healthcare=centre fits in that
slot, but others use it for a large healthcare campus that contains
several hospitals.