Steve,
Just a reminder, landuse is to tag what the land is used for.
landuse=forest is for areas that have harvestable wood products, ie trees.
Just because there was a fire doesn't mean the landuse changes. Landcover
is a better tag for burnt areas as well as areas just clearcut.

@osm_washington
www.snowandsnow.us
OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch