I guess you're right.  Maybe the driver that day had the same "let's
see how far we can push it" attitude that I do.  Could be they were
already at the gate and got told to make a quick u-turn inside.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=-25.757875,28.320659&spn=0,0.002411&z=19&layer=c&cbll=-25.757794,28.320659&panoid=EkqBQTf1wp_UbryB4chO-w&cbp=12,347.46,,0,7.7

Or maybe the Freemasons let them in for the New World order cause (see
the poster on the link above) ;-)

2010/6/8 Nic Roets <nro...@gmail.com>:
> This one is quite interesting:
> http://maps.google.com/?ll=-25.75770,28.32044&z=19
> They went only 50m into this closed off suburb and then stopped. Not
> sure how because those guards are quite strict.
>
> Note that if you go into full screen, then there is no TeleAtlas
> copyright notice. Does that mean the vector overlay belongs to Google
> ? Is it then the beginning of a complete routable (digital) map of
> South Africa by Google ?
>
> Regards,
> Nic
>
> 2010/6/8 David Richfield <davidrichfi...@gmail.com>:
>> Very impressive!!!  They went into my boomed-off neighbourhood.  I can
>> see my clothes-drying rack in front of my house!
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Nic Roets <nro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> They launched it here today.
>>>
>>> For those who don't know what it is: A car with cameras* drives around
>>> and takes pictures (360 degree panoramas). So there is an orange "man"
>>> that you can drag and drop on nearly every street to see how it looks.
>>> Before you drop him, a blue outline will appear indicating coverage.
>>>
>>> It's interesting that they have not entered any closed suburbs. Even
>>> where the security is extremely loose.
>>>
>>> *: and WLAN receivers, so when you search for shops and you allowed
>>> the Google toolbar to send them your location, they will (at some
>>> point) know which ones are closest to you.

>> --
>> David Richfield
>> e^(πi)+1=0

David Richfield