I should also add taht you shouldn't use very much inflection. Doing so
will cause loads of really strange and very odd things to occur. So, if
you think the guy who reads the scripts for the word list sounds boring,
well, he probably is... but it's for a reason.
I did try adding more inflection, and things got really blah really fast.

On 8/15/2006, 11:45:30 PM EDT, Patrick wrote:

> On 8/15/2006, 11:38:47 PM EDT, Rachel wrote:

>> is it easy to do Patrick?

> Well, it depends on a few things.
> First, you need to make sure it can actually understand you. Second, you
> need to get your levels set. There's a little calibration wizard you can
> run, and a meter on the bottom of
> the screen, if you are above or below a certain threshold it won't
> recognize what you say. Oh yeah, there's a little voice recognition
> engine that reads behind everything you say to make sure the phonemes
> relatively match up with what you're supposedly saying.

> For a full complement, you have to record 1,647 phrases. The state of
> the inv file can be saved and reloaded later, so you don't have to do it
> all at once.

> I've found that, for whatever reason, it sounds best if you get just a
> bit more than half way through, than it does if you do the entire phrase
> list.
> Don't ask me why.
> Please note, you get some really strange phrases close to the end, such
> as "a dictionary apologized the toilet" and many more that I can't
> remember. I think "my darling potato" was one of them.

> -- --
> Patrick Perdue (MCP, CNA)
> KE4DYI
> Greensboro, NC
> website: http://www.pdaudio.net
> home: +1(828)221-2971
> Mobile phone and SMS: +1(336)509-5583
> e-mail and .net messenger: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> blank message to:
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> This message originally sent in reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED] on
> Tuesday, August 15, 2006 at 11:41 PM EST.

-- --