oh OK cool thanks Derek. i just took a guess and figured why bother with the calebrate thing since it seemed we couldn't see it anyway. I didn't realize it worked from that originally too, thanks heaps! :)
At 10:21 PM 16/08/2006, you wrote:

Hit calibrate and then say things.
It uses what to say to determine the natural pitch and range of your voice
when speaking normally.
For example, if beck screamed "beck in a hat," in a really high voice and
then tried to do the actual prompts in her standard voice, then it wouldn't
work because it would think that she's too low.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rachel D Keyte" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "talk2" <talk2@AndreLouis.COM>
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:02 AM
Subject: Re: The Talk2 List Fwd: vip-l: Fwd: create your own natural voices!

Hey steve, Patrick, anyone else (who's done this),
I'm having problems unfortunately.  I can't get past the first one
"do you understand what I'm saying?"  It's recording perfectly (as I
hear it when I go into the file within the directory itself), but
every time I try and record that sentence it says "too low, too quiet
and not clear". but it's stuck on the first one so am not sure what
it's comparing it too or what's wrong with the recording.  When I
just try and hit the save button it just repeats that same audio
prompt. *grrr Anyone know what could be going on?
Cheers!