> So, I'm going to ask the same question that many have asked around the
net;  anyone manage to get the old facebook back?

I havent bothered since I sort of like the new one.  The profile page is a
bit nasty and deleting apps is a huge pain but doable, but as for the news
feed I like that its more chronological, and that you can comment on stuff
now.  the comment system has been needed for a long time.

if you want something that's easier and quicker, you can go to
m.facebook.com in firefox, but you wont be able to access alot of the apps
from that page.