Hi: The platform is a desktop project and I have not tied it into an online
brokerage for real-time trading.
That is a possibility only e*trade had one of those graphics where you have
to type in what you see even when using a desktop and their online trading
platform api.
I have a database that holds the financial statements for about 5000
companies over the past few years and the platform allows me to filter and
sort and analyze the information in many ways.
Perhaps if I move to Scott Trade I will check out their trading API to see
if it will work with my desktop project.
I pull down all the data from Yahoo Finance currently so all the stocks are
traded on U.S. exchanges but there are some stocks, about 600 or so, that
are ADR(s) which are foreign companies traded on U.S. exchanges.
I have found that the information available on foregin exchanges is not
usually available easily so did not implement any trading against other
exchanges including Asia and even Europe.
I am not sure if this answers your question but if you are interested in any
analysis of particular companies traded on U.S. exchanges I can produce some
rather detailed reports of the underlying fundemental and some ratios if you
want.
I might have to tweak the reports since I just use the online reporting
system but they are setup to produce text files of the underlying
financials.
That or I can review any companies and let you know what I think of them and
the reasons why I hold the opinion.
Hope this helps and let me know if you are thinking of something else or
exactly what you would like to be able to do.
If it is not a major change I might add it to the list of changes I am
currently in the process of implementing to bring the platform into the
twenty first century.
Later and it is good to hear so many blind folks are planning for their
financial futures.
Rick USA