Have you tried tunein.com?  It seems pretty accessible and lets you play
stations from anywhere in the world.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+bill=mind....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Marisane Moruthanyana via Talk
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2015 2:15 AM
To: 'Alan R. Downing'; 'Window-Eyes Discussion List'; 'Robert Guyette'
Subject: Accessible application to play internet radio

Hi list subscribers

I'm using NVDA and jaws to access my computer.

I am totally Blind and love listening to internet radio stations.

Many of the radios I listen to use flash player to play.

As you might know, flash player is not that accessible with screen reader.

For instance, I cannot get to the buttons to control the volume, mute the
radio or play and/or pause it as I so wish.

Moreover, many of these radios seem to be getting rid of players like winamp
/ vlc which I used before to play them in favour of the flash player.

Do you know of any web-based service that is accessible to play this type of
content?

Or any desktop application that can play internet radio with such formats as
.m3u, .asx, .pls or even flash content and the screen reader like nvda or
jaws can work with?

Your help is, in advance, appreciable.

Regards
Marisane