I just tried ipConfig (with no parameters) here on Windows 7/64 and as expected all the data just whizzed down the screen and I was back on the command prompt where i could enter exit and close the window.

The same was true with ipConfig | more. Although there wasn't enough data to go beyond one screen. More /? will show help on its usage.

If you want to redirect the output to a text file enter the following.
ipConfig > FileName.txt
Note the greater than sign.

Hth,
Tom