From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+jgrimsby=roadrunner....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Larry Higgins via Talk
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2015 4:01 AM
To: Rod Hutton; 'Window-Eyes Discussion List'
Subject: Re: A weird one

Hello Rob, and thanks for your suggestion.

With the exception of putting a shortcut for my favorites folder on the
desktop, I did what you suggested by using the send too option for the
favorites folder entry. I do use this method quite often when wanting to
make desktop shortcuts, and would have done so in this instance immediately
if I hadn't been rather obsessed with the weirdness in the favorites menu in
IE. I just can't figure out what might be causing this behavior, and
especially its theoretical explanation Courtesy of Windows. I've never had
that happen for as long as I've been a 'puter user, and that's been a long
time.

Someone mentioned the possibility of faulty permissions, but I dunno.
Since I am the only user of this PC, then I guess I should make all
permissions wide open, and I wouldn't have to put up with the nagging every
time I want to perform a simple function such as deleting a file, or
installing a program. OK, I know, installing apps or programs is a pretty
serious consideration, but again, it's just me after all. But even after all
these years, I'm still Leary of messing too much with permissions, as
strange as that might seem. Kind of along the lines of if it aint broke
don't fix it.

On the whole though, I think I like your suggestions for creating favorites
shortcuts rather  than using the send too option in IE's favorites menu. But
still, this function shouldn't return a response like that one. I'm still
somewhat baffled.

Anyway, I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Larry