True, we could have separate dictionaries for each synth. But we can't define the language due to the way they work. Or we could and we'd be complaining about the sluggishness of speech due to Window-Eyes having to consult an entire dictionary every time it wants to push a single word out to the synth.

And then there's the contextual pronunciation quagmires that we can do nothing about other than be sunk in forever.

I've always been too thankful for what GW and now AI has given me since day one with VocalEyes to be obsessing over the imperfections that will always exist. It's the nature of the beast. And in this case the real beasts are the synthesizers. I switched from a DecTalk hardware unit a couple years ago after twenty years to various software synths that are much easier on the ears. But be it that they're software instead of essentially a mini computer they all exhibit much more mispronunciations. And for me it's worth it. The little annoyance factor sure outweighs the pounding head I had by the end of every day with all the robotic hardware synths I had.

And the saddest part is that today we could build an incredible hardware synth. But no one is willing to pay for much of anything these days. So there's no market for it.

Tom