I would guess the "2" is intended to be an exponent.  In arithmetic exponent
2 means squared.

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+richard.applegate=gmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez via Talk
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2015 10:38 AM
To: Rick Thomas; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: Seeking Your Input

Why do you write it "AI2"?  Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Thomas via Talk
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2015 5:19 AM
To: 'Lloyd Rasmussen' ; 'Window-Eyes Discussion List' ; 'Jeremy Curry'

Hi Lloyd:
>From Gods mouth to AI2 ears me hopes.
Rick USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+ofbgmail=mi.rr....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Lloyd Rasmussen via Talk
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 7:46 PM
To: Jeremy Curry; Window-Eyes Discussion List

JAWS and especially NVDA are ahead of Window-Eyes in the use of iAccessible2

and UIA accessibility hooks. I would like to see as much support as possible

for these accessibility methods in the scripting language, in developer
documentation and example code. Programmers need really clear examples of
when to set the name, value, description, role, etc. of these controls. If
the mouse pointer can be used with any of these, that would be a bonus.
Keep working on web browser support, for all three browsers. You might want
to have a quirks mode, trying to fix bugs in popular web sites and site
building tools' output,  as well as a WCAG standards mode that gives web
developers an experience of what an ideal user agent will do if the pages
are coded properly, with no allowance for quirks.
It goes without saying that you will need to support touch gestures.
You will need to continue to educate users and developers concerning the
causes of some of the crashes or apparent crashes. I think most of us don't
have any idea how difficult it is to work with modern web pages and apps.
People have forgotten that sometimes pressing ctrl-shift-W twice will give
information that's not available otherwise, and that other programs can only

be read by moving the mouse pointer around.
You will gain the best market share by staying up-to-date and by being
stable and dependable, not by adding more unique features or free speech
synthesizers.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com