Thanks very much Lou. It worked. Now the question is if it will hold. Guess we'll just have to hope for the best.

Thanks listers for all assistance with this problem

Larry
On 6/16/2015 8:14 AM, via Talk wrote:
You needn't do such a drastic thing, Rod. In the WE control panel> Apps> IE
Enhance> Notifications, there is an item called play sound. Press Enter on
it to uncheck it and the sound should be gone.

Note: the IE Enhance item only shows up in the menu if you open the WE
control panel from within IE.

hth,
Lou N.

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+fenderwal=sbcglobal....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Rod Hutton via Talk
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:34 AM
To: 'Larry Higgins'; 'Window-Eyes Discussion List'
Subject: RE: How do you stop the clanger?

Hi Larry,

In the default Window-Eyes profile folder, there is a file called:

IEEnhance.wav

Which produces the sound you mention.
You could delete it, or just rename it, or replace it with a less intrusive
.wav file.
I don't think deleting it will cause the ie enhance app to die, but that's
why it's best to rename it first, try a download, and see what happens.
Good luck staying out of the divorce courts, and I fully understand, having
a partner myself. Smile

Hth,

Rod