Tell me about it. I'm glad I still had an SMA when 8.0 came out and for whatever reason some files didn't get copied correctly when I installed the upgrade I downloaded. That meant that my Window-Eyes thought it was a demo. I probably wouldn't have been able to fix that without remote asistance.

Focus your powers and prepare for buttle.
-----Original Message----- From: Chip Orange via Talk
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 4:24 PM
To: 'Butch K' ; 'Window-Eyes Discussion List'
Subject: RE: SMA or free version

Hi Butch,

I just want to remind you that if you go for the MS Office/free Window-Eyes,
you do not get support from AI Squared; no phone support, no email support.

If you ever have an emergency and not just a little question, support can be
critical.  I know plenty of people who have had their Window-Eyes
"straightened out" by AI support, and there's no way they could have gone on
without the phone (and even remoting into their pc at times).

It's also, in my opinion, one of the primary benefits of using Window-Eyes
over the competition: the quality of the support.

Please do consider it.

Chip