Well that's nice, but you guys have to remember that this whole thing started because it's not running smoothly on a windows 7 machine. I'm certain that Windows 10 is great, but it doesn't fit my situation because I'm not running windows 10 yet. I don't plan to for a while yet. Like I said i'm glad 9.2 is running great for you guys and, for the most part it is here too. But for no known reason for me, at some point it just quits speaking, and I've no idea what to do to tell people what i'm doing to make it happen. I do believe it probably has something to do with Window-eyes interaction with either Windows explorer, or internet explorer because using those 2 things seems to cause Window-eyes to stop speaking more frequently than anywhere else. i've checked to make sure that all settings are updated, all apps and set files are updated, windows update is up to date with all updates possible...so i've done everything i can think of, outside of going back to 9.0 which I really would not like to do if I can help it.

Hope this helps clarify things. I really thought my first message on the issue was clear enough, but I guess not.

On 8/4/2015 8:04 PM, michael's emails via Talk wrote:
Hi Bob i have installed win 10 and i like the win 8.1 file explorer look so i changed the win 10 to that style and i find its not slow hear.
Cheers Michael.

-----Original Message----- From: Bob Tinney via Talk
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2015 11:45 PM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: downgrading to window-eyes 9.1

Hi,

I didn't keep the old 9.1 upgrade file cause after upgrading to windows
10, 9.1 wouldn't work anyway.
I ran the 9.2 upgrade a couple of days on windows 8.1 and found the new
upgrade to be a much faster more robust screen reader.  After upgrading
to windows 10, the only problem that I've run in to is the slowness of
file explorer and I think that is a windows 10 problem.  I'm getting to
really like Windows 10 much better than 8.1 as it is faster and more
stable than Windows 8..

Bob, K8LR, tinn...@charter.net