From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+gmelconian619=gmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Chip Orange via Talk
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2015 9:14 AM
To: David Goldfield <david.goldfi...@outlook.com>; Window-Eyes Discussion
List <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: RE: casperski antivirus

I think this is good advice David, but a lot depends on whether you have
reasonable access to sighted help if there's a problem.  There are blind
people who just don't ever.

To those who are resistant to trying the best anti-malware programs, I
suggest do try to use to mouse cursor, as sometimes you can learn to make a
program accessible by finding and clicking the proper choices.  I've done
this with Trojan Killer and before it PrevX, which  received some of the
best ratings at the time.  I do think I am switching to Kaspersky, as it
does get great reviews, and with all of us having to use pcs for electronic
banking these days (or bill paying, or other critical functions), we can't
afford to have a virus/trojan in our lives.  It's my same reasoning which
causes me to urge everyone here to use the paid version of Window-Eyes, so
that you have support, because your pc is usually quite critical to your
daily life.

Yes, MSE isn't the best, but I still recommend it to people who have no
sighted help ever, or who won't spend money for anti-malware.  It's better
than nothing.

Chip

Chip Orange
Florida Public Service Commission