Sounds like a major snafu, something I haven't had yet, touch wood.

Best regards,

Rod

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+rod_hutton=hotmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On Behalf
Of net bat via Talk
Sent: September 21, 2015 2:03 PM
To: john_far...@btinternet.com; Window-Eyes Discussion List
<talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: Re: Windows 10 usage

the best thing you should do right now is backup the whole system.
windows 10 has problems with who has  permissions to files and folders.
already windows changed permissions to my user account. it blocked access to
my
users\my account and everything in that folder.
once it did this i was logging into a guest account every time. with no
programs running and no desktop icons. except for the recycle bin.
also with a guest account  it is erased every time you shut down and creates
new guest account every time you log on to it.
so anything you may install will be erased.
i did fiddle with the permissions for my account but it was messed up so bad
had to do the windows reset. the start screen was gone, no synthasizers to
choose from for window eyes, no way to search ,windows e did not work either
open the list of hard drives.
i had to do a windows reset to go back to where it was when it was first
installed to fix the problem.