This happened to me several times yesterday, wineyes just went silent. Control alt w brought it back each time and no error message was generated. This has been a on going sporadically over the past month or two. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Massey via Talk" <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
To: "'Window-Eyes Discussion List'" <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2015 7:26 AM
Subject: Sudden loss of speech

Hi. I am sending this message to the list in case anyone else has run into
this problem.  I am not complaining; I am merely explaining what happened
while I was going through my e-mail.

I have two Dell computers and they're both running Windows 10 and
Window-eyes 9.2.

Earlier this morning, I was checking my e-mail on my Dell Xps-501 laptop.
After I opened the third e-mail in Outlook 2013 and started reading it using
ctrl-shift-r, speech suddenly stopped.  I pressed the ctrl-alt-w hotkey
three times to launch Window-eyes 9.2.  The startup sound would play, but
speech would not come up. I rebooted the machine hoping for an error report
and there wasn't one.

Having said all of this, this brings me to ask these questions.  How can
speech suddenly stop and not generate an error report?  If no error report
is generated for Ai Squared engineers to look at, how can the problem of
sudden loss of speech be tracked down? If Ai Squared can find a way to fix
this problem, I'm all ears, smile.

This doesn't happen often, so I must admit I never thought I'd be one of
those list members mentioning this issue.  I guess this is one of those
moments where there's a first time for everything, smile. My primary
computer is a Dell Xps-8500 desktop running Outlook 2013 as well.

Mike M.

For membership options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/bricemijares%40att.net. For subscription options, visit http://lists.window-eyes.com/listinfo.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com List archives can be found at http://lists.window-eyes.com/private.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com