Hi: OK, so it looks like WindowEyes is somehow having a negative impact on
Internet Explorer likely via something it does that steps on what Internet
Explorer is doing and if not causing it to crash then causing reading
problems, slowdowns and, or, lockups - perhaps.
This is what I had guessed since people using other readers were not getting
anywhere near the problems that WindowEyes users were getting using various
products when it comes to slowdowns and lockups as well as reading losses on
websites.
I once saw an error message that there was a problem in one of the native
dlls of the operating system that I believe WindowEyes and Internet Explorer
may both be using - not a good idea to continue using native operating
system features when Microsoft is building everything around the .net
framework with specialized handling of operating system dlls for fundemental
operating system features me thinks.
I know that is sort of "geek speak" but the test Manny just ran and
Elizibith concurred on tells me that looking at WindowEyes would be the
prime place to look for a solution to the problem while not excluding other
possibilities.
I have posted on this and other e-lists asking about a tool to monitor what
is going on under the operating system covers when WindowEyes starts to slow
down and crash or stop reading, but nobody has anything other than the Task
Manager which wont tell you anything of use, or usually not, since you cant
read it when the screen reader is dead whether for a few seconds or for
longer.
Nobody had any good ideas of something accessible to track the actions of
things like scripts, system dlls or third party processes that could be
tracked when a problem starts but I am pretty sure one could be built - just
quite complicated and time consuming and a tool that AI Squared has to have
available already or they are in the dark when trying to test and debug
their product - I have not heard from anyone from AI Squared as to what they
use.
At least you can do your work using jaws until, unless, AI Squared figures
out what the problem is and how to fix it - if they can, given the current
WindowEyes platform infastructure.
So, as I am known to say on the Blind Finance list...
Good Hunting Gang!
Rick USA