I have a pdf called Tension_Chart.pdf, which is basically a document that
tells the amount of stress each of, I think, the D-Addario strings puts on a
guitar at standard tuning. First, I tried opening the pdf in Adobe Acrobat
DC and pressing Control-Alt-V, then selecting focused window and OCR.
Virtual View processed something, and, all I got for my trouble was the
title bar and menu bar. So I closed VV and re-opened it, this time selecting
active window. Again, VV displayed only the title bar and menu bar. Finally,
I closed Adobe and pressed Alt-Print Screen, then selected the
Tension_Chart.pdf. Here is what I ended up with.

            pdfbox-1.8.9

               at org.apache.pdfbox.util.JPEGUtil.updateMetadata(IIOMetadata
, Int32 )

   at org.apache.pdfbox.util.ImageIOUtil.writeImage(BufferedImage image,
String formatName, OutputStream output, Int32 dpi, Single quality)

   at org.apache.pdfbox.util.ImageIOUtil.writeImage(BufferedImage image,
String formatName, OutputStream output, Int32 dpi)

   at org.apache.pdfbox.util.ImageIOUtil.writeImage(BufferedImage image,
String formatName, OutputStream output)

   at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.graphics.xobject.PDJpeg.write2OutputStream(OutputS
tream out)

   at VirtualViewHelper.OCR.PerformOCR(Object source)

            Void updateMetadata(javax.imageio.metadata.IIOMetadata, Int32)

e.InnerException? False

I had read in another email that TIF must be enabled in Windows programs and
features as well. So I did that. If that's true, shouldn't that be mentioned
somewhere in the VV installation notes? BTW. I opened the WE control panel
and browsed the File> Factory Settings dialog to see if there was any
additional information about Virtual View. Virtual View is not even listed
there.

I'm using Win 7 64-bit and WE 9.1.

I agree with the sentiment of the other list member who asserted that the
information for Virtual View is just too techie. For example, the require
UAC check box. I guess that means require User Account Control, but why is
that important to have as an option? Those 4 method radio buttons. For one
thing, what is method? I remember that script writers have three characters
of objects to consider: properties, methods, and something else I can't
recall. In the case of these radio buttons, does method mean mode? If so,
can that group of radio buttons be re-labeled to mode?

As for the radio buttons themselves. Option 1: clips. What is that and how
is it used? UIA. I'm assuming User Interface something. What does that stand
for and how is it used? The bottom most radio buttn: Version. What is that
and how is it used?

I don't mind a bit of trial and error, but I become discouraged when two of
my trials produce the exact same results.

On a related note. Why, after several versions of Window-Eyes and Adobe, is
a WE user still unable to access the text of a pdf with the mouse?

Lou N.